Sureway’s vision is to transform communities by eliminating long term social and economic disadvantage.
To be part of the community and to be socially included, people should have:
- access to education
- a secure job
- access to services and
- connections with the local community.
What are we doing in our communities?
In all of the communities Sureway:
- builds partnerships with key stakeholders including community groups, government and other organisations to engage the most disadvantaged job seekers
- utilises a locational approach to meet the needs of diverse groups in the community and
- provides access to innovative training and employment opportunities
What have we done?
Some examples of our broad community involvement include:
- the development and implementation of training programs specific to refugees in Victoria
- addressing homelessness with our community partners
- working with local high schools
- the implementation of a community hub in Wilcannia
- developing youth at risk community programs in NSW
- servicing job seekers at community hubs in conjunction with NSW Department of Housing
- working with local charities
- providing culturally sensitive Indigenous programs linked to real jobs and
- delivering programs specific to mature age job seekers.