Are you looking to hire new staff? Sureway is a jobactive provider and has the resources to support your business’s growth. We will take care of the end-to-end employment process at no cost to you and you could be eligible for significant wage subsidies when you hire through us.
Receive Wage Subsidies
The Australian Government provide a range programs and supports that not only help people get back into sustainable work but assist businesses to generate these employment opportunities for their local community.
Financial incentives such as wage subsidies are available to businesses who hire and retain eligible job seekers, in full-time, part-time or casual positions, provided they meet the requirements.
Wage subsidies are awarded based on the following types of Job Seeker:
- RESTART – a maximum amount of $10,000 if you hire and retain a jobseeker aged 50 and above
- INDIGENOUS AUSTRALIANS – a maximum amount of $10,000
- YOUTH BONUS – a maximum amount of $10,000 if you hire and retain job seekers aged 15 to 24
- YOUTH – up to $6,500 if you hire and retain job seekers aged 25 to 29
- CARER PARENTS – a maximum of $6,500 if you hire and retain a principal carer parent
- LONG TERM UNEMPLOYED – up to $6,500 if you hire and retain a jobseeker who has been registered with an employment services provider (such as Sureway) for 12 months
- DISABILITIES – up to $1,650 for hiring job seekers with a Disability learn more
You can access a wage subsidy if you meet the following criteria:
- you have an Australian Business number
- you have not previously received a wage subsidy for the same person
- you are not an Australian, state or territory government agency
- the person you hire meets the eligibility requirements for the wage subsidy
- the position you offer is expected to be ongoing and for 20 hours or more per week, averaged over the six months of the wage subsidy agreement
- the work complies with employment standards for the position (for example, is suitable work and pays as a minimum the national award wage).
Some jobs are not eligible for a wage subsidy, including:
- work that displaces an existing employee
- Positions that aren’t paid at a fixed rate such as commission-based, subcontracting or self-employment positions
- work for an immediate family member.
How can I apply?
Contact Sureway within 12 weeks (84 days) of your new employee’s start date to apply for a wage subsidy.
Find your nearest Sureway location here or give us a call on 1300 SUREWAY (1300 787 392).
All Wage Subsidy placements must average at least 20 hours per week over the 26 week wage subsidy period. Employment must also comply with National Employment Standards. Jobs can be full time, part time or casual. Apprenticeships and traineeships are also eligible to attract a Wage Subsidy.
Paid work trials can form part of a wage subsidy agreement, excluding those funded by the Employment Fund. Employers who decide to hire an individual who has completed a National Work Experience Programme, may also be eligible for a wage subsidy.
Sureway pay wage subsidies to your business over six months. You can set the payment schedule to suit your needs. You may also have the option of a kickstart payment where you can get 40 per cent of the total wage subsidy amount four weeks after hiring a new employee.
Sureway has wide experience in helping employers access the most relevant and beneficial financial incentives from the Government. Feel free to visit us at an office near you to discuss any questions you may have and receive up-to-date information of current programs and opportunities.
At Sureway, we encourage open and honest communication. If you don’t feel the candidate is a right fit for your company, please let us know. We can work with you to find a more suitable candidate.
Sureway assists with the end-to-end recruitment services. We will provide you with a range of employment options specific to your business needs. For example, we provide assistance to access wage subsidies and other incentives; assist with licencing, training and pre-employment checks as well as work with you to develop an employment support plan.
In the first instance, Sureway screens potential candidates that would fit your vacancy requirements. After this, we forward the resumes to your business for a second screening. Once you have decided on a shortlist we can assist with interviews if required.
Sureway can facilitate interviews and shortlist work-ready candidates. You may wish to conduct interviews as per your standard workplace procedure, or if you prefer Sureway can assist you with communication to the candidates. Speak to our friendly staff if you would like to utilise our local facilities to conduct interviews.
Wage subsidies are determined on a case-by-case basis. Depending on the circumstances of employment, you may be eligible for wage subsidies and incentives. Sureway representatives provide face-to-face meetings to explain the requirements and consider your options.
Sureway commenced operations as a training provider in 1991. We worked with business and industry to upskill their staff. This opportunity gave us insight into what skillsets employers were seeking from their employees. read more...