Are you looking to hire new staff? As a Transition to Work provider, Sureway supports young people aged 15-24 years by providing practical support and sourcing work experience opportunities to help them build their skills, confidence, and readiness for work. The program also allows us to help young people complete their studies or further education.
HIRE SOMEONE THROUGH TRANSITION TO WORK TODAY
HOW DOES SUREWAY HELP YOUNG PEOPLE INTO WORK?
We’re proud to deliver the Transition to Work program to young people within our communities to help them become skillful, reliable and invaluable job seekers.
We understand that finding the right staff can be hard. At Sureway we work with you to understand your current and future workforce requirements and tailor our services to ensure you’re getting exactly what you need.
When you hire through Transition to Work, one of our experienced Youth Consultants will take care of the end-to-end employment process (at no cost). We love making it easy for you!
WHAT OTHER SUPPORT DO WE OFFER?
We are glad that you asked! Once you have hired a young person through us, the support doesn’t stop there! You and your new employee will receive our weekly post-placement support service, involving a brief phone call or a face-to-face catch up to track how your new employee is settling into their role.
Our Youth Consultant will discuss what they’re doing well and if they require additional support or training. Our Youth Consultants will be able to organise and coordinate your needs for you.
You may be eligible for a wage subsidy up to the value of $10,000 if you meet the following criteria:
- You have an Australian Business Number
- You have not previously received a wage subsidy for the same person
- You are not an Australian, state or territory government agency
- The person you hire meets the eligibility requirements for the wage subsidy
- The position you offer is expected to be ongoing and for 20 hours or more per week, averaged over the six months of the wage subsidy agreement
- The work complies with employment standards for the position (for example, is suitable work and pays as a minimum the national award wage)
- The person you hire is a new employee that you have never previously employed
- Comply with relevant laws, including but not limited to work health and safety legislation
- Provide a safe system of work for the new employee at all times
Some jobs are not eligible for a wage subsidy, including:
- Work that displaces an existing employee
- Positions that aren’t paid at a fixed rate such as commission-based, subcontracting or self-employment positions
- Work for an immediate family member
- Those receiving support through another Australian Government wage subsidy
Note – the requirements for wage subsidies are determined by the Australian Government and are subject to change. You can learn more here.
Sureway commenced operations as a training provider in 1991. We worked with business and industry to upskill their staff. This opportunity gave us insight into what skillsets employers were seeking from their employees. read more...