Career Transition Assistance (CTA) is an Australian Government initiative to assist mature age job seekers build skills and confidence to become more competitive in the modern labour market.
INFORMATION FOR PROVIDERS
To participate in Career Transition Assistance (CTA) program, clients must be aged 45 or over, and registered with a jobactive provider in one of the following regions:
- Far West Orana NSW (including Broken Hill)
- Mid North SA
Sureway conduct regular information sessions for our Careerway CTA program. For details of the next available session contact us on 1300 SUREWAY (1300 787 392), or alternatively we can arrange for our Facilitator to phone the client directly to discuss the program and confirm their willingness to participate.
Key outcomes for job seekers and providers
Following their successful completion of the program, the participant will have:
- a professional résumé and cover letter
- increased digital skills, including using email and Microsoft Word
- enhanced interview and communication skills
- a new network of contacts, including employers and peers
- a personalised career pathway plan for their future
Clients must be informed about the CTA program and it’s aims prior to referral. Participation in CTA is voluntary and clients must consent to being referred. Clients should also be informed that they must still engage with their regular jobactive provider as scheduled whilst they participate in Sureway’s CTA program.
Clients will be required to bring the following to their initial appointment:
- Photo ID
- MyGov login details (if available)
- Current résumé (if available) or any details of qualifications, past experience and skills
Sureway commenced operations as a training provider in 1991. We worked with business and industry to upskill their staff. This opportunity gave us insight into what skillsets employers were seeking from their employees. read more...