If you have an injury, disability or a health condition, we can help you find and keep a job.
Disability Employment Services
Disability Employment Services or DES aims to help people with disability find work and keep a job. Through DES, people with disability, an injury or a health condition may be able to receive assistance to prepare for, find and keep a job.
DES providers like Sureway, help support people with disability as well as provideing assistance to employers to put in place practices that support the employee in the workplace.
Disability Employment Services has two parts:
- Disability Management Service – for job seekers with disability, an injury or a health condition who need assistance to find a job and occasional support in the workplace to keep a job.
- Employment Support Service – for job seekers with a permanent disability who need assistance to find a job and who need regular, ongoing support in the workplace to keep a job.
The Sureway Commitment
At Sureway, we seek to understand your needs and provide you with the best opportunity to find employment.
We understand that finding, applying and starting a job with a disability can be a daunting task. That is why Sureway will help you every step of the way by offering you comprehensive one-on-one support. Our services include assistance with applications, resumes, and interview techniques; work preparation courses tailored to the jobs you want and assistance in developing job search strategies.
Your personal Employment Consultant can also connect you with support agencies and other local services.
Our employment services include:
- One-on-one assistance with our highly-experienced consultants
- Assessing your strengths, goals and personal aspirations
- Developing a clear strategy to make sure you are on track with your goals
- Providing you with the skills and training to help you get hired immediately
- Mastering the resumes, application letters and interview techniques
- Counselling to address personal issues and aligning them with your goals
- Assisting you to access work experience
- Connecting you to the best companies for a job interview
- Providing ongoing assistance and support once you acquire a job
You can expect:
- A personalised plan that puts you in control of your employment goals and aspirations
- A Work Active Program that lets you decide on the activities that matter most to you while looking for employment
- A Work Active Portal that provides the latest information on jobs in your local area, training and employment news 24/7
- A Personal Profile Package that highlights your skills, abilities, and personality to employers
- Individualised support to maintain work and develop your career
Register as a Job Seeker
If you are looking for work or need assistance in finding the right job for your skills and situation, fill out the form below and one of our friendly team will be in touch for a confidential chat about how we could help you. You could be one click away from finding your dream job.
Sureway commenced operations as a training provider in 1991. We worked with business and industry to upskill their staff. This opportunity gave us insight into what skillsets employers were seeking from their employees. read more...